June 26, 2013

The Book Of Us

I currently am working, among many other things, on a project I started two years ago. Let me explain to you.
Five years ago, I started playing the guitar on my own. I mainly listened to the Jonas Brothers songs at that time and they made me want to play them. The boys were so inspirational and they still are! So I searched for tabs and learned chords. Six months later, I could sing while playing. And one year later, I wrote my first song called “Prayer To My Guardian Angel”.

Three years later, about 20 songs have been made, about 20 more texts written. What inspired me? What I went through, the people I met, the things I've done. And I plan on doing it all my life.

The point is among all those texts, 14 are about one particular person. So I decided two years ago to gather them all to make a little songbook, something I could read in the future and remember what made me a stronger person. I just didn't know how to make a book. It sounded so complicated. And last year, some of my classmates had to make an actual one. This was my chance! I watched them and asked them questions. It's still complicated, but I know I can do it! My aim is not to release it. I just want to have some of my memories written down, and also be sure that I'm doing, and later that I did, something I can show.

Here's a preview of the design of the book.


It won't be a big book, I though 11x11cm would be enough. Not sure the texts will be readable though.


Here are some lyrics that will appear in the book.

This is a TV show
Here's something exciting to follow
Here's the perfect combo
 - TV Show

We were both attracted by some wonderful lines
But we needed to let our thoughts go even more
We would write them all down till the end of the night
No secret, that's what we swore
 - The Book Of Us

He could make you feel guilty
Fot not being what he wants you to be
 - Mister Pride

Oh, you Devil
This is so wicked
How you reach your goal
 - Devil Is Back

We sank into darkness
Because of your selfishness
The sun ran away
And there is nothing to say
 - Shadows In The Wind

As my tears dry
I guess you expected no goodbye
 - Life Is A Risk

I don't want to survive
I just wanna live my life
 - Alive


What do you think? Would you like to see the final book?
Have you ever heard a song of mine? Did you like it?
I hope so!



No comments:

Post a Comment